HOLLOW FIBER BASED ULTRA-FILTRATION
ADVANTAGE OF SUB-MICRON FILTRATION
Hollow Fiber membrane filtration is a paradigm shift in filtration compared to sand, carbon and mesh filters. Hollow Fiber process employs numerous lumens which have perforated surface and a hollow center. Water passes through this perforations into the center of lumens. Size of perforations on the fiber decided the extent of filtration. Perforations can range from 0.1 micron to 0.04 micron. Ultra Filtration process generally employs perforation less than 0.1 micron.
Biggest advantage of Hollow Fiber is ease of application and perfect rejection of broad rang of contaminants present in water. Virus and Bacteria are 100% rejected in Ultra Filtration process.
Ultra Filtration can be employed either in a submerged form, where in membrane is submerged in bulk of liquid or in pressurized form wherein water is passed through a cylinder housing hollow fiber membrane bundle.
Choice of ultra filtration method depends on application. For polishing or Sewage water, ground water treatment, RO pre-treatment pressurized mode is used. While for MBR application submerged mode is preferred.
ABOUT BIOMEM - UF PRODUCT
CURTAIN TYPE HOLLOW FIBER MEMBRANE MODULE
These hollow fiber membrane module are suited for submerged application. Salient features of this module are:
- Membrane module of different filtration area are available. 5 sq m, 10 sq m , 15 sq m and 20 sq m are nominal sizes available.
- PVDF is the preferred material of hollow fiber. Module with other materials can be offered on request.
- Pore size range from 0.1 micron to 0.04 micron.
- Typical flux range in these modules ranges from 10 L/sq m/hr to 25 L/sq m/hr
- pH from 2 - 14 can be handled by the fibers
- They are hypochlorite resistant and can be cleaned easily with NaOH, NaOCl or combination there off.
PRESSURIZED HOLLOW FIBER MEMBRANE MODULE
These hollow fiber membrane modules are suited for external filtration application, wherein the bulk of liquid is passed through cylindrical shell housing hollow fiber membrane bundle. Salient features of these module are:
- They come in wide variety of filtration area. Typical filtration area available are 6.8 sq m, 38 sq m and 60 sq m.
- Typical flux through this modules are 40 L/sq m/hr to 65 L/sq m /hr.
- Molecular weight cutoff is 100,000 Daltons.
- Operating parameters for pressurized module is same as that of submerged module.
- Maximum operating pressure for these modules is 0.3 MPa
- Outer shell of modules is made of UPVC and potting material is ABS resin.
These modules can be arranged in parallel to get desired flow rate. Fully automatic operation ensures cycling back-washing and cleaning operation. The modules are ideal for STP water polishing, Drinking water purification, RO pre-treatment etc.